This morning was a lot of fun. I made homemade Raspberry Jam. It turned out so delicious and not too sweet. It was also surprisingly easy. I grew up in a family where everything was homemade, but somehow managed to skip the lesson on making jams. My family and friends will enjoy this harvest for a while. I hope you enjoy this recipe my husband and I created in our kitchen! Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rolled oats (Quaker or Irish oats)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil (this goes at the very top of the layers)
Always start with the wet ingredients first. Layer those in your blender. Then add the dry ingredients and top with coconut oil LAST. Blend for about 45 seconds. Heat up a non-stick skillet and grease with method of choice. I use non-stick cooking spray (olive, vegetable or avocado oil). I heat my griddle to 350 degrees. I always top with organic pure maple syrup and fresh berries.
Note: you could always half the recipe above.
This was super delicious and pretty easy.
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 cup Frozen berries
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (or protein powder)
- Mini chocolate chips – to taste)
- Granola (I like KIND oats & honey clusters) – 1/8 cup each layer
- Fresh fruit (Berries, banana, mango,etc.) – to liking
- Honey (to drizzle on the top)
- Blend almond milk, frozen berries, & Greek yogurt in a blender. If too thick add more almond milk
- Layer granola on the bottom of our bowls, then the smoothie mix, top with mini chocolate chips, repeat
- Lastly, top with fresh blueberries, raspberries, & banana, then drizzle with honey. Bon appetite!
Ladies and Gents…clean that cutting board! Put some coarse sea salt and lemon oil (or fresh lemon) on your cutting board and scrub! You will have a disinfected cutting board! Can you feel the clean??!!